Friday, July 15, 2005

Fridge moved!

The landlord came by, and asked one more time if I was SURE I wanted the fridge moved. I was, so he disconnected the icemaker line. Then he ran into some problems, so he went and got his uncle and the two of them lay on the floor for a while in my kitchen and discussed crescent wrenches.

Eventually, all was well, and they both condoled me several times on having to move, and warned me about putting too much down the garbage disposal. They declined ice water, even though I have a lot of ice, still. They left.

My blood pressure is slowly coming down.

While we were waiting for the landlord, the fella and I loaded up the van with our Goodwill stuff and drove to the Goodwill dropoff. It's at the El Cerrito Recycling Center, which is a big open fenced area right at the bottom of a steep hill at the edge of the paved part of town. The fella spotted a deer! Apparently just checking things out. There are bins and dumpsters for all kinds of scrap and stuff, but there's also a book exchange. You can drop off books, or take some, it's very casual. We gave them all the books in the Goodwill boxes, and I got a copy of Tough Jews and one of Nora Ephron's Heartburn.

No comments: