Saturday, June 30, 2007

This, I guess, is news

Farfour the Mouse is no more. The giant Arabic-speaking black-and-white rodent who was briefly the star of a Hamas-funded children's show, transfixing horrified sane people worldwide, was beaten to death in the final episode of the program. There is something wrong here, when we may never know what happened to Tony Soprano, but we know that Farfour the Mouse was beaten to death by a land-hungry Israeli official.

You want to know what's worse than that? I'll TELL you what's worse than that. I first read the story in the Chronicle, and after reading the first paragraph I thought, I swear to you, that the guy in the mouse suit had actually been beaten to death. By, I assumed, Fatah operatives. Honest to God. I thought, for about five seconds, until I absorbed the next paragraph, that Fatah had sent people to kill Martyr Mouse. I don't know exactly where I got this idea from, except that, well, who else would go to the trouble of killing a giant Hamasnik mouse in front of a studio audience?

No comments: