Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Registering boredom

OK. I am doing my register and cum folders now.

For those of you not in the know, doing one's register is, possibly, the most boring occupation known to humankind, except, maybe, the graveyard shift at at a Dunkin' Donuts in rural South Dakota. Worse. At Dunkin' Donuts you can fantasize that a rock star will come in.

Basically, I am creating a handwritten document showing the attendence of my homeroom class for the past year, which needs to confirm in each detail all the information found in the attendence file I compiled for the school over the course of the year. In pencil. Then I need to ink it in, in ink.

It's the kind of thing you want not to take seriously, except that it is, in fact, a subpoenable document, and teachers have found their attendence registers playing a key role in, say, murder trials.

Oh, I am bored.

1 comment:

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

wow. if only my school were that organized. :-P