Friday, January 18, 2008

Balancing the Equation

Today, I was supervising my "Activity and Exercise" hour. I do not remember exactly how we decided we needed to have "Activity and Exercise" hour at the school, but it doesn't matter. Once a week I supervise "Activity and Exercise" hour for about fifteen kids. This would be called 'recess' if they were not teenagers.

Anyway, I was chatting with Gershon, and somehow the topic of Christmas tree ornaments came up. Gershon told me that a few months ago he put a firecracker into a Christmas ornament, and took some shrapnel when the thing blew up.

"I'm sorry you got hurt," said I, "but Gershon, you must have realized when you put a firecracker in a glass sphere..."

"I didn't totally balance the equation," he admitted.

That may sum up the teenage male experience.

Later in the day, Yochanan, who is approximately six foot one, took a leap in my classroom and cracked his skull, hard, against the ceiling.

Didn't totally balance the equation. That's all I've got to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello balabusta.

My first time here.

I wanted to thank for your visit and nice comment at my blog.

i wish you hatzlacha

p.s. what is it about the blue jeans?

Batya said...

My teenage male students don't realize that if they don't do the work, they won't get good grades.