Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm out here, really I am

It's just that I'm insanely busy, and my computer is limited right now, which is why I'm not doing, say, the really interesting post on polygamy I'm thinking about. Soon. Like RenReb's thing on men being scum.

Things I'm thinking about:

1. Polygamy (not as an option, just as an interesting thing.)

2. Soup (the stuff that's left in a Crock Pot after you do a turkey breast in there makes a great base for soup). Cannelini, cabbage, zucchini, and some tomato sauce were involved.

3. Hamas. Not surprised, just apprehensive. Apparently I was supposed to be surprised. Let me be blunt. Would YOU vote for Fatah? I mean, these Hamas is crazy evil, and scares the hell out of me, but I can actually sort of see the voter's logic here. It's a logic that assumes that me and mine should be blown to smithereens, but if that's already a given, then I can sort of see where everyone is coming from here. (Note the chipper, upbeat, slightly hysterical tone of voice. I'm imitating Israelis of my acquaintance.)

4. My upcoming observation at work.

5. What I should get at Macys with a Christmas gift card from my grandma which got sent to several wrong addresses, I think, and finally found me.

6. The fact that San Francisco has Humbolt County mad at us for sending them homeless people who may or may not be theirs to begin with. (Moroni deported to Sweden. Claims he's not from there).

7. Mondegreens. Particularly, the one which hears the BART announcement as "This is a BART alligator update. All station alligators are currently in service," and "Who knows what evil lurks in the hot cement? The SHADOW knows."

4 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

Reminds me of the old joke:

Polygamy would be bigamy.

Moishe said...

"Pigs" not "scum" (Renreb's post). Oink.

Ann Þø said...

http://zescrap.blogspot.com/2006/01/polygamy-not-as-option-just-as.html


I will be gossipping


http://zescrap.blogspot.com/2006/01/males-are-necessary-to-combat-disease.html

BBJ said...

Gossiping is good. Sometimes.