Tuesday, January 10, 2006

4 Meme

West Bank Mama got me--and yes, I actually love these things!

Four jobs I've had:
1. Cat-schlock store clerk
2. Christmas cookie sales by phone
3. Tree saleswoman for JNF
4. Middle-school teacher

Four places I've lived:
1. San Francisco
2. Ireland
3. Cork
4. El Cerrito

Four of my favorite foods:
1. artichokes
2. burritos from Gordos
3. hot and sour soup at Ton Kiang
4. eggplant parmesan from Giorgio's

Four books I would read over and over:
1. A Vision of Light by Judith Merkle Riley
2. A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
3. Brendan O'Carroll's Agnes Browne books
4. The Once and Future King, by T.H. White

Four movies I would see over and over:
1. Mina Tannenbaum
2. Cradle Will Rock
3. Any of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but especially The Two Towers
4. The Commitments (The Snapper is a close second in this category)

Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Monterey
2. San Diego
3. Washington D.C. (does a march count as a vacation?)
4. Dublin

Four places I would rather be:
1. Ireland
2. A friend's house
3. On a Marin beach--Drake's, maybe
4. Stacey's Books

3 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

The Committments- I loved that flick.

Barefoot Jewess said...

I'm amazed by the distinct variations in job and places where you lived. I think those are stories in themselves! I hope you write about that one day- like, how did you end up in Cork and then end up in El Cerrito?

Btw, I have been to Cork on vacation and what I recall is waiting desperately for the ferry to take me back to mainland cause Cork had nothing to recommend it. Tho I do recall the swans in the river. It was spring, and the weather was rainy and grey. And what stands out most is that in going to a movie, they actually cut out any kissing! But hey, we had plush seats, and ate fabulous chocolates from the candy bar.

I adored Ireland.

BBJ said...

My mother asks why I mentioned neither London nor Massachusetts. I hadn't even thought of Massachusetts, but it WAS supposed to be London and Cork. I have corrected. Oh yeah. And I lived in Massachusetts for two school years. It's cold. And the people are INSANE.