Monday, June 21, 2010

Trusting My Own Judgement

Over Memorial Day weekend, I went to a barbecue at Mirele and Keyle's place, and I heard the full story of how Mirele left the school that we both worked at for a time (St. Colmcille's, remember them?)

For legal, personal, and general losh-avoiding reasons, I am not going to post the details here. Suffice to say that Mirele was wronged, and I am angry about it. Suffice also to say that someone I knew and disliked while we worked there turned out to be a much more dishonorable person than I would have imagined.

I've been thinking about her a lot, and why I disliked her then, and why I sometimes disregard my own opinions about people. I did this at Walter C. Moonbat High as well, taking people, or trying to, at their own valuation of themselves.

There's a difference between giving someone a chance, and ignoring what you know--either from experience, or on a deep gut level--to be true about them.

1 comment:

Kai Jones said...

Oh, I support you in learning to trust your own judgement. If you haven't already read Gavin de Becker's book "The Gift of Fear," I urge you to get it from the library and read it.