Saturday, April 19, 2008

Louis Calabro Lives!

I realize this means nothing to almost everyone out there. But, well, Louis Calabro was a figure on the San Francisco oddball activist stage for a while, protecting the rights of European-Americans everywhere against illegal immigration and the racist editors of Asian Week. (Asian Week's big crime seemed to be that they wrote a lot about Asian people.)

Louis' exploits were mighty--I especially liked the time he showed up at a fake pro-gentrification rally secretly organized by the San Francisco Weekly--no, it doesn't make much more sense if you know the story--to remind us all that gentrification is code for 'no European-Americans allowed'.

He vanished from local activities a while back. I didn't know where he had gone. But I just found him again, posting at AmericanHumanity.com.

Good to know that you're still out there, Louis. Keep on truckin'.

2 comments:

Symsess said...

Hello,

I'm the blogger who runs American Humanity and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Unless I'm mistaken I'm writing for migrants and against anti-Hispanic rhetoric.

BBJ said...

I'm talking about one of your commenters. He used to pop up a lot in local circles out here in California. I was just pleased, in an off-beat way, to see him again.