Thursday, April 14, 2011

Decluttering Thoughts

I'm taking classes toward an MFT now, and one of the things I've been thinking about is that I might like to focus on clutter and hoarding issues.

I watched the whole first season of "Hoarders" on Netflix a little while ago, and I found myself completely fascinated. Clutter and messiness has been an issue for me my entire life, and for several of my friends. Watching the complex situations people found themselves in, and the hints at how their pasts had entrenched them in this situation was absolutely fascinating. Sad. At times, inspiring. And I was fascinated with the people who came to their aid, the movers and haulers and shrinks who waded in there and tried to throw them a rope.

So I'm going to do a little research and see if I can find out how I might be able to get into this field. I think I would be great.

No comments: