Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The E-Mail

As I'm sitting peacefully at my computer grading papers this afternoon, comes a call from the vice principal of the school I will only be working at for a few more months.

It seems that he has received an e-mail. It's from me, or rather from my e-mail account. It contains some typographical errors. And it reads:

Dear Mr. (Vice Principal)

(New kid's name here) cant be in my p.m. core.can he be in my a.m core?

thanks

The new kid showed up Monday, and after some testing I decided he should go in my afternoon group.

Mr. VP knows I do not tend to drop apostrophes. He also knows that at 3:21 P.M. yesterday, the time the message was sent, I was sitting in the staff meeting, with my eyes glazing over.

There was a little girl, however, who asked if she could do some typing on my computer after class.

Her cute little learning-English tuchis is grass.

I wish I knew why she wants the new kid to be in her class. I can only assume she thinks he is cute.

2 comments:

Eliyahu said...

that girl is going to go far!

Anonymous said...

It's actually kinda funny! Creative child . . .Not appropriate, but creative!