Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spaghetti Tonight

For seder night, my parents and I went to the San Francisco JCC. It was pleasant, they have a wonderful new haggadah. Fewer kids than usual, but still pleasant.

Then I went home, and got hit with the Great Matzah Shortage of 2008.

Haven't heard about the Great Matzah Shortage? Lucky you. I didn't do shopping before the holiday, due to insane work pressure, but when I dashed by the store to get a couple boxes of matzah, all that was left were Moonstrips, prominently labeled Not For Passover Use.

What to do?

I'm not sure why we're having a matzah shortage, even after reading the press about it, but let me tell you, it's not fun. Coworkers of Mrs. Bluejeans reported driving to Campbell and various such locations to find boxes of the cardboard carboliciousness. Me? I lived on potatoes for much of the week.

Went for dinner at my parents' last night, and was rewarded with matzah, which I am eating for breakfast with butter...sigh...it's sort of cool to still love the taste right at the end of the holiday.

No comments: